Tuesday, March 4, 2008

RSS

Not to sure I like RSS just yet. Just one more thing to check daily. I already have two work emails and now two personal emails to chaeck. Just wondering when I will get the time to check them all.

Moaning aside I did find some interesting sites. Not sure I will kepp them all. So far I have signed up to.
1. ABC News : just in. I checked this morning and had 81 to go through. Not sure if I will keep this one.
2. Librarins' Internet index: New This Week. New and newly discovered web sites for Librarians. Once a week feed sounds manageable and it should help to keep up to date.
3. LibraryBytes. News about libraries and new technology. Found some interesting things here this might be a keeper.
4. MashUp. From the SMH. Looks interesting.
5. The Shifted Librarian. Worth looking at.
6. Girls Guide. Can't all be work.
7. Powerhouse Museum - Photo of the Day. Well this one had me stumped for awhile and I almost admitted defeat. I took another look at it yesterday and finally figured out how to do it. Gave a little cheer. I think I will keep this one. Something light and interesting. Share a lovely photo occasionally.

How to use this at work? A feed for new events and program posted on the library web site. We current do a Newsletter maybe we could do an electronic version and create an RSS feed.

Looked at the Yarra Plenty Blog. Very impressive. I think I will go back and subscribe. I thought the Campbelltown City Library assignment blog was a great idea and would love to see us doing something similar in the future.

I better get back to work.

No comments: