Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Wrap up

Sad to have come to the end so soon. I have really enjoyed the course. We have covered a lot and I guess it will be interesting to see what I continue to use regularly. Time is always an issue. I will miss my blog. Bloglines has been useful and I have found some interesting items to bring to team meetings. Winning points on professional development.

I would love to see our Library use Myspace or similar but I'm not sure Council would approve the idea. Management would have to prove its usefulness. We often have trouble getting approval to promote our selves through print media I'm not sure their ready for Myspace. We might have more success with blogs and wikis. I was impressed by what some libraries are doing and hope we can participate in using these web based technologies in the not to distant future. We are currently looking for an new IT person. Fingers crossed the new appointee is pro change and can push us in the right direction.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Glad you have enjoyed to course.

I hope you can use some of the tools in your work place.

Ellen